Enjoy a three-hour, fully guided outing that takes you from the aquarium exhibits at the Atlantic Sea-Park to a sightseeing drive around Alesund, plus enjoy sweeping views of the city from the Hessa viewpoint. As one of Northern Europe's largest aquariums, the Atlantic Sea-Park showcases sea life from the Norwegian coast and fjords. Ten tanks hold a variety of creatures, from spiked dogfish and conger eels to cuckoo wrasses and sea urchins. The Atlanterhavstanen, one of Europe's largest sea water tanks, holds four million liters of unfiltered seawater, where large cold-water fish swim about and are hand-fed by the park's divers. Outside you'll encounter Humboldt Penguins and see Harbor Seals splashing around the waters of Sealbay. You'll then embark on a narrated sightseeing drive around Alesund, learning about the area's thriving fisheries industry, hearing tales of the destructive fire of 1904, and admiring the distinctive Art Nouveau architecture that rose from the ashes. Your route leads you to the island of Hessa, where sweeping panoramas of the charming cityscape and offshore islands await you.
• Atlantic Sea-Park: Watch fish, penguins and seals swim in natural aquarium tanks filled with water pumped directly from the sea.
• Alesund: A commentated sightseeing coach drive reveals this Norwegian city s fishing legacy, island landscape, and signature Art Nouveau architecture.
• Hessa: Take in the sight of the city's jumbled buildings and outlying archipelago.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 4 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Tour sequence may vary.