Enjoy a guided tour of “The Venice of Norway” via wheelchair-accessible coach. Ålesund, a colorful city of seven islands dotted with canals and narrow streets, features distinctive Art Nouveau architecture, chosen for the city’s rebuilding after a disastrous 1904 fire. At Atlantic Ocean Park, one of the largest saltwater aquariums in the region, have over an hour to delight in the rich wildlife or admire the coastal views from the property. Afterwards, enjoy views of the city from Hessa viewpoint.
• Wheelchair-accessible coach tour: Spend three hours learning the history and admiring the colorful Art Nouveau architecture of Ålesund.
• Atlantic Ocean Park: Get a view of life underwater at one of Scandinavia’s largest saltwater aquariums.
• Hessa lookout: Enjoy views of city and snap some memorable photographs.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Coach is equipped with a ramp. This tour is appropriate for guests who are full-time wheelchair users.
• Guests must be able to walk about 600 yards over even surfaces with two to three steps to enter and exit the coach.
• Atlantic Ocean Park is suitable for wheelchair users.
• Tour order may vary.
• This tour is designed for those guests who are full time wheelchair users.
• Space permitting, we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) and can accommodate a limited number of guests.
• In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter.
• Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle.
• Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact the Accessible Shore Excursion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to review full details on this tour and availability.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) or scooter on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (length, width and height) and weight of their mobility device at the time of booking to email@example.com. Full time wheelchair or scooter user must include the combined height and weight with guest seated.
• Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed. This tour can only be secured in advance of the cruise on a first come - first served basis. Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.