Experience the exhilarating thrill of exploring Norway's great outdoors while on a three-hour, guided stand-up paddle boarding trip that offers a bit of exercise while enjoying spectacular views of Alesund and the Borgundfjord's breathtaking landscapes. Join a small group of 10 explorers at the waterfront launch point, where expert guides will provide all the necessary equipment, including a paddle and surf-style board. After a quick safety and operational briefing, you'll get acquainted with balancing yourself on the paddle board right near the shore. Then feel the freedom of paddling out into deeper waters off the coast of Alesund, capturing a waterside view of the city center, lined with multi-hued buildings decked out in Art Nouveau touches. Learn about the citywide fire of the early 1900s and the area's waterways, which are heavily utilized to promote Norway's thriving fishing industry. Breathe in the refreshing air while gliding through the outer edges of Borgundfjord, as sky-high mountains covered in powdery snow, aromatic pine tree forests, and clear, calm waters create a postcard-perfect backdrop for your unforgettable paddling trip.
• SUP: Enjoy a small-group, stand-up paddle board tour led by professional instructors, plus includes all the essential gear.
• Alesund: Paddle your board past the Art Nouveau-accented cityscape, learning about Norway's illustrious history and salt cod industry.
• Borgundfjord: Get in some exercise while taking in the craggy mountains, tall evergreens, and clear waters that surround you.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must be able to paddle for approximately 2.5 hours.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests must be able to swim to participate.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.