Travel back in time and explore the Dutch way of life while traversing the historic village of Zaanse Schans’ handicraft workshops and windmills before being conveniently transferred to Schiphol Airport to catch your flight. A 45-minute coach ride through scenic countryside brings you to Zaanse Schans, a neighborhood of Zaandam where village life circa the 1700s is well-preserved and brought to life. Join a guided walking tour past wooden houses, barns, and warehouses where local artisans demonstrate time-honored techniques used to bake fresh bread, produce cheese, cast pewter, and make signature Dutch clogs. Along the east bank of the Zaan River, you’ll discover a collection of old Holland windmills: the De Huisman spice warehouse, centuries-old De Gekroonde Poelenburg and De Zoeker, where oil, paint and cocoa are produced. Enjoy free time to roam around the trundling windmills and shop for souvenirs at your leisure — all with the ease and flexibility of a coach transport to the Schiphol Airport, where you can board your flight.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Zaanse Schans: This recreated Dutch village is home to a bakery museum, cheese factory, pewter foundry and clog-making warehouse.
• Holland: Watch the sails slowly turn around traditional windmills where wood is sawn, and oil, flour and spices are milled.
• Schiphol Airport: Your half-day tour includes the charms and culture of The Netherlands plus transportation to Amsterdam’s international airport.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• This tour is available for guests with flights departing from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS) after 2:00 pm for domestic flights or 3:00 pm for international flights.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .6 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 10 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Most shops are closed on Sunday and Monday mornings.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The drive between port/airport and Zaanse Schans is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.