Enjoy Antiguan hospitality at the Backyard Rum Shack where you’ll enjoy an exclusive rum tasting and sample different local dishes. Discover rum and savory food—two characteristics that define the Caribbean experience. Take an air-conditioned taxi to the Backyard Rum Shop where you’ll enjoy a warm welcome from the husband and wife team that run the establishment. Listen to stories about the history of Caribbean rum production and learn more about how Antiguan rums are made. Then, sample three distinctive Antiguan rums while enjoying commentary and anecdotes about the flavors. The rums will be paired with a selection of delicious Antiguan specialties including crab backs, conch fritters, saltfish fritters, jerk chicken, fish fingers, chicken fingers, and crab cakes, prepared with the freshest local ingredients. Your gracious hosts will reveal the chef’s recipes and secrets so that you can take home the flavors of Antigua.
• Sample three distinctive rum flavors during an exclusive guided tasting.
• Savor the flavors of Antigua through specially-prepared tasting dishes.
• Experience Antigua like a local at a unique Antiguan rum shop.
• Purchase bottles of your favorite rum flavors.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be at least 21 years old to participate.
• Guests in wheelchairs should not select this tour.