Enjoy a scenic drive to the Island's center and watch the beauty of Barbados unfold before your eyes. Your first stop is at the lovely gardens of Orchid World. Many tropical colors and rich foliage surround you as you are told about the history and healing powers of the captivating flora. Next you will visit the St. John's Church built in 1831. Standing over 800 ft above sea level and overlooking the island's East Coast . Then it’s on to Gun Hill Signal to see the famous lion sculpted from limestone by Captain Wilkinson in 1868. Take in the breathtaking scenery of central Barbados, standing where those who protected the island once stood themselves. Continuing on, you pass by the Residence of the Governor General, Ilaro Court - the Prime Minister's official residence and the statue of Bussa, erected in 1986 to commemorate the deliverance from slavery.
• Orchid World: Delight in the thousands of colorful blooms grown and displayed in a site surrounded by countryside.
• St. John's Parish Church: See the beautiful interior, tombs of prominent islanders and spectacular Atlantic views at this colonial-era site.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Camouflage clothing of any type is not permitted in Barbados.
• Food and drinks are available onsite.