Calling all nature lovers: Here's your chance to discover Barbados' spectacular natural wonders, with a tour of the lush Andromeda Gardens and nearby Bathsheba. In the seat of a comfortable motor coach you’ll begin your scenic journey along the island’s east coast, as you admire countryside and seaside views atop Farley Hill. You’ll also glimpse a giant Baobab Tree, considered one of the seven wonders of Barbados because of its wide trunk and African origins, before arriving in the coastal village of Bathsheba, home to giant mushroom-shaped rock formations. Your next adventure takes you to the six-acre complex of Andromeda Gardens, where you’ll walk along meandering pathways lined with a plethora of exotic plant species, orchids, ferns, hibiscus, and one of the world’s largest palm trees. While sipping a complimentary beverage, you’ll stand under the bearded fig tree, after which the island of Barbados was named. After spending the day immersed in the island’s flora, fauna and rugged eastern landscape take in the breathtaking views of the southern coast line and the cruise port at Shop Hill as you are conveniently transported back towards Bridgetown.
• Scenic Drive: Glimpse the giant Baobab Tree, mushroom-shaped rock formations, and hilltop ocean vistas from a comfortable motor coach.
• Andromeda Gardens: Stroll meandering pathways lined with exotic plant species, enormous palm trees and native bearded fig trees.
• Scotland District: Take a relaxing drive through Belleplane, a local village and along the rugged rock formations on the island’s East Coast.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be at least 4 years of age to participate in this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 140 yards and navigate 50 steps and slopes.
• This tour is not recommended for guests in wheelchairs due to steps at gardens.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Camouflage clothing of any type is not permitted in Barbados.