Embark on a riverboat adventure and travel through the rainforest to the famous Mayan ruins of Lamanai. Encounter exotic wildlife, mangroves and orchids on a safari voyage of the New River. Explore Lamanai, once the largest Mayan ceremonial site in Meso-America and occupied as early as 1500 BC. Amid the chatter or birds and haunting calls of howler monkeys, your guide will point out the copal and ramon (breadnut) trees, of great importance in ancient times. Conclude your experience with a tasty Belizean meal at Tower Hill.
• New River Cruise: Enjoy a 90-minute riverboat cruise, encountering exotic wildlife, mangroves, and orchids along the way.
• Lamanai: Explore the ancient Mayan ruins of one of the largest ceremonial sites in Meso-America.
• Lunch: Sample the delicious culinary flavors of Belize.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellant
• Poncho in case of rain What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing Important Notes:
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• The place of your tour departure is a one-hour drive from Belize City.
• This tour is not recommended for guests in wheelchairs.