Travel along the serene, majestic Hardangerfjord — the second-longest fjord Norway — to Steinstø Fruit Farm for a guided tour and some delicious refreshments. Then visit Steinsdalsfossen Waterfall, walking behind the waterfall without getting wet.
Wrapping up your 1.75-hour journey to the farm, you'll enjoy about 30 minutes along Hardangerfjord, a feast for your eyes as you marvel at towering mountains, dramatic valleys and idyllic villages, one of these being Steinstø, where you’ll tour an eighth-generation fruit farm. Follow your guide as you stroll through the farm, learning how it has operated over the years. Red, juicy strawberries are in their prime in June, raspberries, cherries, plums and apples are ripe in July. Then enjoy some delicious, homemade apple cake and a chance to buy fruits and berries from the farm as well as homemade jams and pastries.
On your way back, stop at the magnificent Steinsdalsfossen Waterfall. Reaching more than 160 feet in the sky, this natural wonder is a popular attraction in Norway. Follow the footpath behind the waterfall to get a closer look at the falls, staying dry the entire time.
When you reach Bergen, you’ll travel along the historic Hanseatic wharf, long parallel rows of colorful gabled buildings. In the 1300s, these types of buildings were places of business, seamen’s living quarters and warehouses, back when Bergen was a trading powerhouse.
• Hardangerfjord: Drive about 30 minutes along the second-longest fjord in the country; marvel at the mountains, valleys and bucolic villages.
• Steinstø Fruit Farm: Enjoy a tour of an eighth-generation farm; feast on the farm’s famous apple cake.
• Steinsdalsfossen Waterfall: Follow the footpath behind to get a close look at the waterfall without ever getting wet.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 4 steps.
• Fruit farm and waterfall are wheelchair accessible.