Embrace the history, traditions and flavors of Bergen on a four-hour sightseeing and sipping adventure that includes a narrated drive through town, beer tastings at 7 Mountain Brewery, plus gin sampling at OSS Craft Distillery. Join a local guide on a 90-minute coach drive around Norway's second-largest city. See Haakon's Hall and Rosenkrantz Tower, both of which formerly served as royal residences. Explore the Hanseatic heritage of the Bryggen wharf and see fresh seafood displayed at the waterfront Fish Market, plus pass Bergen Aquarium, where marine life swims around more than 50 water habitats. Upon arrival at 7 Mountain Brewery you'll take a one-hour tour of the facility where they blend English, American and Belgian methods to create their handmade beers. Relax in the comfortable taproom with a flight of four beers — you might sip a doppelbock, porter, saison, pale ale, amber ale, or IPA from their impressive lineup. Your last stop at the OSS Craft Distillery reveals the ancient ways local Bareksten gin is made using Norwegian herbs, potatoes and berries. They consider it Norwegian nature in a bottle, and you'll enjoy a shot of their house gin to experience the dark, clean, botanical flavors for yourself.
• Bergen: Take a narrated bus ride past Haakon's Hall, Rosenkrantz Tower, the Bryggen, Fish Market and Bergen Aquarium.
• 7 Mountain Brewery: Learn the complex process behind this craft brewery's beer before sipping four types of their finest suds.
• OSS Craft Distillery: Walk around the gin-making facility and then enjoy a shot of their locally inspired Bareksten botanical gin.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with allergies to alcohol, yeast or grain proteins should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Legal drinking age in Norway is 18 years for beer and 21 years for spirits.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.