Explore Belgium’s riveting World War I history in the town of Ypres, as you tour its war museum, visit notable cemeteries, and enjoy free time. See the stately Menin Gate, a war memorial dedicated to British and Commonwealth soldiers. Visit the world’s largest commonwealth cemetery, Tyne Cot Cemetery. Meander Essex Farm Cemetery, which inspired the writing of John McCrae’s “In the Flanders Fields” poem. Peruse exhibits at the In Flanders Fields Museum before roaming independently.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Ypres: See the Menin Gate memorial, visit Tyne Cot and Essex Farm cemeteries, where John McCrae penned his famous poem.
• In Flanders Fields Museum: Learn about Ypres’ distinguished role in many World War I battles while perusing enthralling historical exhibits.
• Free Time: Admire the town’s medieval architecture, shop for souvenirs, or dine on traditional Belgian fare in a local eatery.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests may be required to check personal belongings at designated check points.
• On select sailings of Navigator of the Seas with limited port time, this tour will be 6 hours and 30 minutes.