Capture the essence of Acadia National Park with a scenic ride on a horse-drawn carriage. A fascinating one-hour journey on rustic carriage roads weaves through the forested landscape. You'll make your way to the top of Cadillac Mountain to enjoy panoramic views of natural beauty, encompassing ocean, valleys, lakes, and mountain forests. At 1532-feet, this peak is the highest point on North America's Eastern seaboard.
• Carriage Ride: Enjoy a leisurely ride around Day Mountain, on motor-free gravel pathways created for pedestrians, bicyclists, horses, and carriages.
• Acadia National Park: The network of carriage trails, bridges, and gates came about through direct contribution by John D. Rockefeller.
• Cadillac Mountain: See where the mountain meets the sea at this spectacular summit, overlooking granite-carved valleys and cliffs, and woodlands.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 60 feet over even and gravel surfaces.
• Guests must be able to climb two large steps to board the carriage.
• Cadillac Mountain stop substituted with alternate site in adverse weather conditions.