Live a day in the life of a lobster fisherman on a three-hour trap-to-plate tour that includes a lobster boat outing on the Gulf of Maine and a traditional Maine lobster bake at Stewman’s Lobster Pound. Hop aboard the Miss Samantha with an expert marine biologist and delight in an educational boat ride along the rugged Maine coast. Watch local fishermen haul traps full of lobster, learning all about the process of harvesting Maine lobster in the local sheltered bay waters. Photograph your captain pulling aboard five baited lobster traps and be surprised by what comes up from the ocean floor — you can even touch a live lobster. Delight in coastal scenery, viewing waterfront mansions on Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park in the background. Back ashore you’ll head to the wharf and take a seat among the rustic setting of Stewman’s Lobster Pound. Here you’ll feast on a Downeast lobster bake, savoring steamy Maine lobster and all the fixings, served with a side of oceanfront views. This tour brings you full circle among Maine’s renowned lobster scene.
• Gulf of Maine: Head out on the Miss Samantha to haul up lobster traps alongside local fishermen, and learn from a marine biologist who will answer all your questions.
• Bar Harbor: Take in the coastal scenery of Maine, complete with views of mansions, the mountains of Acadia National Park, and abundant wildlife .
• Stewman’s Lobster Pound: Partake in an authentic Downeast lobster bake in the casual environment of this waterfront restaurant.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Winter hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Layered clothing
• Jeans or trousers
• Walking shoes
Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.01 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and a total of about 500 steps and some extended periods of standing.•
Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.•
Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.•
Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.•
Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.•
Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.•
Tour sequence may vary.