Leave the city and explore the province of Cadiz, traveling along its coast to the sherry-making city of Jerez de la Frontera. You'll learn the secrets of Jerez sherry on a walking tour that ends with a visit to a "bodega" for sherry tasting. You'll also visit the famous Royal Andalusia School of Equestrian Arts, a 100-year-old institution where horses learn to perform with music; watch as they rehearse graceful dances with their trainers.
• Jerez de la Frontera: Famous for its sherry production, the city is also world-revered for its equestrian traditions.
• Sherry Cellar: Taste two types of sherry in a "bodega" and learn how grapes are cultivated and processed into spirits.
• Real Escuela Andaluza de Arte Escuestre: Watch elegant dance sequences performed by top horses and their trainers in rehearsal.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Drive to/from Jerez is about 45 minutes each way.
• Guests must be able to walk about a mile and a half over flat, sandy, and cobblestone surfaces with 10 to 15 steps.
• Camera and video photography are not permitted at Real Escuela Andaluza de Arte Escuestre.