Take a scenic ride through Cadiz province, traveling its dry shoreline to the fertile vineyard lands of Jerez de la Frontera. Your walking tour takes you to the cellars of a sherry producer where you will enjoy a taste of the world- famous spirit. Top that with a visit to Royal Andalusia School of Equestrian Arts, where only the best horses are taught to dance to music; watch as horses rehearse with their trainers.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Jerez de la Frontera: The mild climate aids in cultivation of the grapes that produce three major varieties of sherry.
• Cellar Tour: Step into a "bodega" for a lesson on grape cultivation, sherry production and bottling, and taste a sample.
• Real Escuela Andaluza de Arte Escuestre: Watch as top horses and their trainers rehearse intricate dances at this 100-year-old institution.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Drive to/from Jerez is approximately 45 minutes each way.
• Guests must be able to walk about a mile and a half over flat, sandy, and cobblestone surfaces with 10 to 15 steps.
• Camera and video photography are not permitted at Real Escuela Andaluza de Arte Escuestre.
• Tour sequence may vary.