Discover prehistoric Cagliari cultures as you tour the Su Nuraxi of Barumini archeological site before your wine tasting at an authentic Sardinian restaurant. Travel through the quaint Villamar village, passing its vibrant wall murals, on the way to the Su Nuraxi of Barumini excavations. Behold megalithic structures of the Nuragic Age and inspect ancient tools, weapons, and pottery left behind. Unwind at Casa Atzeri, where you'll taste sweet treats paired with wine and live performances.
• Villamar: The town's colorful wall paintings by Antiochus Cotza and Antonio Sanna depict historical events and everyday cultural scenes.
• Su Nuraxi of Barumini: The Nuragic archeological site was added to UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites in 1997.
• Casa Atzeri: Experience an authentic Sardinian wine tasting, complete with traditional Sardinian cookies.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must walk approximately 1 mile over various uneven and cobblestone surfaces, gravel paths, inclines, steps and narrow passages.
• This tour is not recommended for guests who do not feel comfortable in enclosed areas.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• The drive from Cagliari to Barumini is approximately 1.25 hours.
• The return drive from Casa Atzeri is approximately 45 minutes.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.