Ready to reserve this excursion?
Take the plunge and discover the underwater wonders of the Great Mesoamerican Reef on a two-hour guided, small-group snorkeling adventure that includes a scenic boat cruise through the pristine waters off Costa Maya. Enjoy an open-air bus ride to an area beach, where you’ll meet your expert guide who will provide a quick safety briefing and all the necessary gear — snorkel, mask, fins and life vest. In a small group limited to eight guests, you’ll board a boat for a 10-minute trip across calm, clear Caribbean Sea waters past picturesque Mexican seascapes. Your captain will anchor up near the Great Mesoamerican Reef, the second largest barrier reef in the world, where you’ll jump in and embark on a 40-minute snorkel trek alongside your certified guide. As you flutter your fins across the water’s surface, keep your eyes peeled for coral formations, colorful tropical fish and other marine life the likes of angel fish, stingrays, sea urchins, eels and sea turtles. Sip a complimentary margarita on the return boat ride before landing back at the beach — you’ll have the choice of heading back to port or staying a bit longer at your leisure before independently making your way to the ship.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Costa Maya: Join a small-group snorkeling adventure complete with a safety briefing, certified guide and all the necessary snorkeling gear.
• Caribbean Sea: Delight in panoramic tropical seascapes and complimentary refreshments on a roundtrip boat cruise off the coast of Mexico.
• Great Mesoamerican Reef: Spend 40 minutes encountering diverse marine life while exploring the second largest barrier reef in the world.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes (optional)
• Guests must be able to swim/snorkel for approximately 40 minutes.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Pregnant women should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests who are hard of hearing/hearing impaired must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• An adult must accompany children under 18 years old.
• Guest must sign a liability waiver to participate.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Snorkel, mask, fins and life vest included.
• Tour does not include lunch.
• Return transportation to the pier is included. Guests will be given coupons/wrist bands for taxi. Guests will have the option to stay in the beach area on their own.
• Tour sequence may vary.