Experience the sights and delights of Copenhagen by bike, the most popular mode of transportation among locals. The 4.5 mile tour winds from the harbor to the city’s symbolic Little Mermaid, then on to the elegant Amalie Garden and Queen’s Palace, Amalienborg. Next are the canals of Nyhavn, the old sailor’s quarter, now a popular center with restaurants and bars, the lush King’s Garden, the 17th Century Rosenborg Castle and the painted houses of Nyboder.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Nyhavn: Enjoy the old port's fashionable promenade with homes of famous residents such as Hans Christian Andersen.
• Rosenborg Castle: The Renaissance palace houses a museum containing the coronation throne, tapestries and crown jewels. (No inside visit included)
• Nyboder: See the colorful, historic row houses commissioned for naval families five centuries ago by King Christian IV.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Closed-toe shoes
• Appropriate weather gear
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be in good health and be comfortable riding a bicycle with hand brakes.
• Moderately strenuous tour includes about 2 1/2 hours of cycling.