This memorable accessible excursion to the Vatican and Ancient Rome begins by meeting your guide and accessible van at the Civitavecchia cruise dock before heading out on a comfortable drive into Rome. In Rome the fun begins! Visit the famous Roman Forum, see the Arch of Titus and explore the ruins of the fascinating Roman Colosseum. Next you will stop at an accessible restaurant for time to enjoy lunch on your own near the Vatican. Escorted by your guide, you'll have priority access to skip the line to enter Vatican City where you enjoy touring the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, the Rafael Rooms and St. Peter's Basilica. Your guide knows the most accessible and efficient way to avoid obstacles, without sacrificing the experience! You will see wonders such as Michelangelo's Pieta and the tombs of Popes John Paul II and John XXIII. Your day will conclude with you returning to the cruise dock.Highlights:
• Experience the breathtaking Sistine Chapel
• Explore the ancient Roman Colosseum and Forum
• Visit the magnificent St. Peter's BasilicaWhat to Bring:
• SeaPass and photo identification
• Local currency/ credit cards
• Disability identification or disabled parking placard
What to Wear:
• Comfortable clothing and shoes
• No high heels
• Dress code for the Vatican is covered knees and shoulders
• No big bagsImportant Notes:
• This small group tour is designed to be accessible for all guests.
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1.5 hours each way, subject to traffic conditions. Big Bags and water bottles are not allowed in the Colosseum.
• In order for the van to access the inner city and get special permission to get close to the venues, please bring your disability identification or disabled parking placard with you. This is mandatory in Italy.
• The tour route avoids steps and stairs. Accessible bathrooms with wide doors for wheelchairs are present along the tour route
• Tour includes accessible vehicle with wheelchair lift or ramp, tour guide and entrance tickets. Lunch/snack are not included in tour price.
• Cobblestones and hills may be present along the route. Distances that Guests must walk/roll are approximate.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. The order of the sites viewed or visited may vary.
• Guests with Wheelchairs must be able to self-propel or have a companion push them.
• Tour Accessibility can change without notice due to vehicle malfunction, building construction, traffic conditions, or other factors.
• Accessible vehicles are extremely limited; therefore, guests are encouraged to make their reservations in advance.
• This excursion requires a minimum participation to operate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for additional information and to reserve this tour.