Come and witness the region's most unique natural treasure – an amazing series of caverns connected by underground waterways and awarded as “Mexico and Central America’s Leading Nature Reserve”! Picture yourself admiring this breathtaking crystal museum carved by Mother Nature over millions of years. Walk, wade, and swim through a 600m route past stalactites, stalagmites, and other formations enjoying its crystal clear fresh water . Following an expertly guided tour of this mesmerizing subterranean world, included in the “NAT GEO Top 10 Family Activities” and EarthCheck Silver certified for its good sustainable practices, you’ll taste the local flavors with a delicious buffet lunch, followed by a view of the venue exhibits before returning to the ferry pier.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Cavern Excursion: Swim and wade through underground waterways, and stroll through an amazing subterranean world.
• Buffet: Enjoy a lunch of soup, chicken, rice, beans, handmade tortillas, salads, fresh fruit, and water.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Camera (cannot use the camera inside the cavern, only outside the cavern)
• Sun protection (should not be applied before the tour inside the cavern)
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes
• Insect repellent (should not be applied before the tour inside the cavern)
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• This tour operates under all weather conditions.
• Uneven ground inside the system.
• The ferry to and from Playa del Carmen is included.
• Guests can purchase photo packages for an additional charge of $99.
• Watches, jewelry, photo or video cameras are not allowed inside the underground river.
• For safety reasons guests with mobility issues, pregnant women, guests with heart or respiratory conditions and those with back/neck injuries and/or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate.