Uncover the secrets of Mayan cacao and sample tequila—all in one quick, but entertaining, two-hour tour. At the Mayan Cacao Company, discover the history of chocolate and learn how it formed such a central role in Mayan social and religious life. See the manufacturing process, participate in a demonstration, and sample delicious artisanal chocolate. From here, visit an ancient Mayan house, tour the botanical gardens, learn more about Mayan customs and traditions, and taste authentic Mayan food. Then visit a Tequila Place and learn about the making of this traditional Mexican beverage and take part in a tequila tasting.
• Mayan Cacao Company: Learn about chocolate, its origins, manufacturing process, and take part in a demonstration.
• Mayan House: Explore Mayan customs and traditions, visit the botanical gardens, and taste authentic Mayan food.
• Tequila: Learn about the history of tequila, watch the tequila-making process, and sample tequila.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards (cash preferred)
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Mayan Cacao Company is wheelchair accessible, the Tequila Place is not.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• The order of the stops may vary.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol.