Climb behind the wheel of a Jeep and head to Punta Sur State Park to see Mayan ruins, climb a lighthouse, and enjoy an amazing snorkeling experience. What?s more, your tour operator has been certified by Sustainable Travel International, a global nonprofit with stringent environmental standards, ensuring your adventure on and off shore is eco-friendly. Your first stop is the Caracol, a small Mayan temple built during the post-classical period with an amazing crocodile sanctuary you can view from a nearby lookout. After, climb the Celarain lighthouse for fantastic views of the island. Punta Sur State Park features an ecological reserve with an amazing array of vibrant sea life and crystal-clear water, perfect for snorkeling the Underwater National Parkland. Enjoy a fully guided National Geographic Snorkel Gear Tour with National Geographic certified mask, snorkel, fins and life vest. After, relax or play on the gorgeous white sands of Explora Beach before making your way back to the pier.
• Half-day eco adventure: Snorkel at an ecological reserve, visit a Mayan ruin, climb a lighthouse, and relax on a beach.
• National Geographic Snorkeling Tour: Explore a vibrant underwater world teeming with a wide variety of marine life. This tour also features National Geographic Snorkeling gear.
• Explora Beach: Relax or play on a remote, white-sand beach, one of the best beaches in the country.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Driver?s license (if driving)
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Must be at least 21 years old to drive and must present a valid driver's license to drive.
• Minimum age to snorkel is 5 years.
• Royal Caribbean has selected National Geographic? Snorkeler gear for the use of our guests on select excursions. The excursions are in no way affiliated or endorsed by National Geographic?.
• Snorkeling portion of the tour is prohibited for guests with asthma and cardiac problems, including past heart attacks.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Tour is not wheelchair accessible. Pregnant women and guests with heart or respiratory conditions or back/neck injuries are not allowed to participate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves, and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Four guests per vehicle.