Delve into the Mayan way of life at a cultural complex and El Cedral's ancient ruins, plus savor a meal of Mexican cuisine served by the beach at your own expense — all on a five-hour, wheelchair-accessible tour around Cozumel. In a small group of seven adventure seekers, you'll head out in an air-conditioned, wheelchair-friendly van to a local experience center to explore ancient Mayan life, culture and foods. Learn about the civilization's astronomical system and hieroglyphics plus taste authentic Mayan tortillas and chocolate. Then discover the ruins of El Cedral, once an important ceremonial site and Mayan fertility temple that dates back to 800 A.D. Learn the colorful history of this Mayan village before indulging in tequila tasting and souvenir shopping nearby. Your tour finishes off along the Caribbean shore, where you'll have the option to dine at an accessible waterfront restaurant to enjoy a meal of Mexican meat and vegetarian dishes at your own expense. Enjoy some free time on the beach before the return trip to your ship. This tour requires a minimum of 6 guests to operate at the advertised price. Please contact email@example.com for additional information to reserve this excursion. Due to the uniqueness of this tour, there is a strict 48 hour cancellation penalty.
• Mayan culture: Discover the legacy of this Mesoamerican civilization on a small group, wheelchair-accessible tour of a cultural complex.
• El Cedral: Once a fertility temple and ceremonial site, this ruined Mayan village holds a rich history through the ages.
• Mexican cuisine: Savor local dishes while eating by the shore, plus free time to soak up the Caribbean sun beachside.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothes
• Walking shoes
• This tour is designed for those guests who are full time wheelchair users.
• Guests must be able to walk/roll approximately .7 miles over flat and uneven surfaces, with inclines and extended periods of standing/sitting.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is designed to use the most wheelchair accessible routes possible. This includes step-free routes, shorter walking/rolling distances and accessible restrooms.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs and/or mobility scooters.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Tour accessibility can change without notice due to vehicle malfunction, building construction, traffic conditions, or other factors.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.
• Foreign currencies are not accepted in many venues.
• This tour does not include the cost of lunch.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour can be booked as a private tour at a higher cost.
• Each guest with their mobility equipment should not exceed maximum weight of 400 pounds.