Explore ancient ruins of the walled city of Tulum, which once rose majestically above the Caribbean Sea. Marvel at the architectural accomplishments of the Mayan people, and see the archeological remnants of their culture. Climb 40-feet into the air to enjoy the stunning panoramic view from El Castillo. Finish your excursion with a buffet lunch at the private beach, followed by free time swimming and relaxing.
• Tulum Mayan Ruins: Explore archeological monuments of this ceremonial center, and ponder mysteries of ancient Mayan life.
• Beach Break: Enjoy a buffet lunch and private beach break with time to swim or relax.
• Ferry/Bus Transfer: Your total travel time will be just 1-3/4 hours each way, with scenic land and sea views.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 10 minutes from parking lot to entrance of ruins and back. Tram available to and from ruins for guests who prefer not to walk. Tram is not part of tour, guests may take tram at their own expense and risk. The cost is approximately $1.50 USD round trip, and can be paid at the tram booth.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Ferry to/from Playa del Carmen approximately is 45 minutes each way.
• Air-conditioned bus ride to/from Tulum is approximately one hour each way.
• For security and safety reasons, backpacks and large handbags are not permitted in to the Tulum site. These items must stay on your bus, which will be secured by your driver.
• For Mariner of the Seas sailings and other select ships / sail dates, tour is approximately 7 hours due to limited port time.
• Entrance fee to ruins included.
• Cash bar available during lunch.
• Flash bulbs, tripods, and professional video equipment are prohibited at the ruins. Guests taking videos in any format (video cameras, cell phones, tablets, etc.) within the Tulum Archaeological Site will be charged government fee of approximately $8-$10 USD payable in cash at site. For security and safety reasons, backpacks and large handbags are not permitted in to the Tulum site. These items must stay on your bus, which will be secured by your driver.