Head out from El Cedral on a wild, off-road drive in a two-person ATV, as you follow a six-mile trail to Jade Cavern for an invigorating cenote swim before passing Coral Caves and learning about Mexico's Mayan history. Your 3.5-hour adventure begins in the Mayan village of El Cedral. Here you'll meet up with your experienced guides, endure a safety briefing, and gear up with a helmet, bandana and goggles. You're then in for a rugged drive, as you motor off along with a fellow thrill seeker across jungle pathways chock-full of muddy landscapes. The first stop brings you to one of Cozumel's largest cenotes, a natural underground swimming hole once considered sacred by the Maya. Take a refreshing swim in the deep green waters surrounded by huge stalactites. On the return route you'll pass by the Coral Caves, listening along as your guide shares about its geological significance and the aboriginal community that once thrived in these parts.
• El Cedral: Engage in a safety briefing before embarking on a six-mile drive through the jungle on a tandem ATV.
• Jade Cavern: Discover a large underground cenote where you can swim in fresh waters surrounded by stalactite-covered cliffs.
• Coral Caves: The soul of the Mayan people comes to life through your guide's tales and these naturally carved landmarks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Drivers must bring a valid driver's license.
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Closed-toe shoes
• The cost of this tour is per vehicle with up to 2 persons on the vehicle. The ticket holder may invite another person to ride with them if they wish.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .06 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must be able to swim approximately 80 yards in the cenote.
• Guest must be a minimum of 16 years of age to drive with a valid drivers' license. Minimum age to participate as a passenger is 10 years of age.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.