Experience the multifaceted charms of Dubai on a four-hour trip that showcases the architecture of Burj Al Arab hotel and Jumeirah Mosque, plus includes Al Bastakiya neighborhood and Dubai Museum, with shopping at two souks. You'll first admire the ultra-modern, sail-shaped design of Burj Al Arab, one of the world's tallest luxury hotels. Then take in the traditional Fatimid stylings of Jumeirah Mosque, which holds up to 1,200 worshippers. A drive through the historic Al Bastakiya district reveals sand-colored buildings where Bedouins once lived back in the 1800s. Nearby in Al Fahidi Fort, the oldest building in Dubai, you'll enter the Dubai Museum to peruse its notable collection of period furniture, Arabian clothing, old cannons, and wooden fishing boats. Your final stop of the day lets you spend an hour browsing two colorful souks. The Spice Souk is filled with local herbs, spices and handmade textiles, while the Gold Souk houses some 300 jewelry traders peddling their finest pieces.
• Architecture: See how Burj Al Arab's modern hotel design stands next to the traditional Fatimid touches of Jumeirah Mosque.
• History: Hear tales of Bedouins who lived in Al Bastakiya district before exploring Arabia's centuries-old past at the Dubai Museum.
• Shopping: Free time is yours to pick up souvenirs, jewelry, and handmade items in the city's Gold and Spice Souks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light sweater or pullover
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 14 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.