Get ready for a wild Jeep ride that takes you outside the city to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, where you can go sandboarding across golden dunes and ride on the back of a camel. Your four-hour adventure in a six-person Jeep begins with a scenic one-hour drive across bumpy off-road paths that lead into the Arabian Desert. As you enter the reserve, your guide will share all about local efforts in preserving the natural habitat of the desert and its endemic plants and animals. You'll then amp up the adrenaline as you ride a surf-like sandboard down steep sand dunes, standing, sitting down or lying on your belly or back. You'll even come up-close to a friendly camel and enjoy a brief trip across the sand perched on its tall hump. This half-day outing delivers non-stop adventure in the middle of Dubai's barren desert.
• Desert Conservation Reserve: Go off-roading in a six-person Jeep on trails that wind along bumpy roads and into the desert.
• Sandboarding: Experience the extreme thrill of rushing down tall desert sand dunes while riding a surf-like board downhill.
• Wildlife: Learn about the reserve's conservation efforts and enjoy the rare chance of riding on the back of a camel.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .06 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Depending on total number of guests, families may be split up.
• Seat rotation will be done to ensure all get the opportunity to ride in the front.
• Tour operation is subject to weather conditions.
• For the safety of young guests, special seats must be requested and booked in advance for all children under 4'4".
The drive between pier and desert is approximately 1 hour each way.
Tour sequence may vary.