Feel at one with the spectacular landscapes, flora and fauna in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve while on a five-hour Jeep ride around its sand dunes, glimpsing native wildlife along the way. Relax in a four-wheel-drive Jeep equipped with air conditioning and six comfortable seats. Your naturalist driver guide will take you on an off-road route across red sand dunes and past verdant farmlands. Enter Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, a 225-square-kilometer expanse covering five percent of Dubai's total landmass. As you drive through a Ghaf tree forest, you'll learn about the endemic plants that grow in the arid desert surroundings — the Arabian gum tree, palm trees, and other herbs and grasses. Keep your eyes peeled for migratory birds soaring overhead, as your guide shares about the habits of local desert animals. You'll even drive by the reserve's feeding grounds and watering holes for the chance to glimpse the Arabian gazelle or Arabian oryx in the wild.
• Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve: Take a thrilling Jeep ride across ruddy-colored sand dunes, learning about the local desert ecosystem.
• Ghaf forest: Your guide will point out native plants like the Ghaf tree, Arabian gum tree, herbs and flowers.
• Wildlife: Relish the rare chance to see the Arabian oryx, gazelle, hare, sand cat, and other desert animals.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light sweater or pullover
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over sandy surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Depending on the total number of guests, families may be split up.
• Seat rotation will be done to ensure all get to ride in the front.
• Tour operation subject to weather conditions.
• For the safety of young guests, special seats must be booked in advance for all children measuring under 135 centimeters in height.
• The drive between pier and reserve is approximately 1 hour each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.