Take to the high seas on the majestic Hai Long for a 90 minute narrated Chinese junk ship sail around Charlottetown Harbour that includes costumed storytelling and traditional Chinese tea, snacks and dessert. Among a small group of sailors, board the Hai Long, the only Chinese-built junk boat providing tours in North America. Then step back in time to the Zheng He era as your crew, decked out in period garb, shares tales about the Treasure Fleet expeditions during the Ming Dynasty of the 1400s. Delight in panoramic views of Prince Edward Island as you glide across blue waters past lighthouses, farmlands, red-sand beaches, Victorian buildings and tall church steeples. Learn about eastern Canada’s military history before savoring a selection of authentic Chinese tea and snacks — you will even help prepare a special sweet treat on board, with the option of pairing it with a beer or glass of wine (additional cost applies). This is as unique of a tour as you’ll find in Charlottetown.
• Hai Long: A costumed crew welcomes you aboard a Chinese-built junk for a scenic sail and Treasure Fleet tales.
• Charlottetown Harbour: Enjoy photo-worthy panoramas of this eastern Canadian town’s church-steepled skyline, red-sand beaches, and old lighthouses.
• Chinese treats: Relax while sipping a cup of tea, eating traditional light bites, and help prepare an authentic dessert.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with soft soles
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .6 miles over paved and floating surfaces, with inclines and about 11 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.