Discover Norway’s staggering beauty together on a guided half-day tour, sailing slowly through the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Nærøyfjord and then driving up the postcard-perfect Nærøydalen valley. By boat, surround yourself in steep mountainsides, waterfalls and narrow passages, arriving in the small settlement of Gudvangen, which means “playground of the gods.” Then make the climb by car up the valley, rewarding yourself with breathtaking views and delicious Danish pastry at the historic Stalheim Hotel.
• Nærøyfjord: This magnificent natural wonder stretches more than 10.5 miles and is surrounded by mountains towering more than 4,500 feet.
• Nærøydalen valley: Climb the 13 steep curves of Stalheimskleiva road, enjoying views of the picturesque valley along the way.
• Stalheim Hotel: Built in 1885, the hotel is ideal for taking in the gorgeous mountains, fjord and valley.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Tour appropriate for guests with limited mobility who travel with a folding manual wheelchair, folding lightweight scooter/electric wheelchair, walker and/or cane, so long as they can walk on and off the coach and boat unattended.