Explore the adventurous city of Funchal, capital of Madeira and Portugal's largest town. Walk through the vibrant local market, sample Madeira's world famous wine and admire delicate traditional embroidery. Thrill to panoramic views on a cable car ride to the city of Monte where you will visit a beautiful church and gardens. Then hop on a Funchal toboggan for a terrific downhill ride to Livramento - or take the coach - before visiting a Portuguese wine lodge.
• All-Yours Funchal: See markets, churches, gardens, and delicate embroidery. Ride a cable car and a toboggan, sample Madeira Wine.
• Cable Car Ride: Take in stunning views from above and visit Our Lady of Monte church and garden.
• Toboggan adventure: Grab your wicker basket and head down the worn cobblestone streets on a safe but wild ride.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.6 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with inclines, and at least 250 steps.
• Shops are closed during public holidays.
• Local market is closed Saturday afternoons, Sundays and public holidays.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• The toboggan ride is at a reasonable pace and is not dangerous. Guests participate at their own risk.
• Toboggan closed Sunday afternoons and on local holidays. Our Lady of Monte may be closed on Sundays and public holidays.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.