Climb the world-renowned Dunn’s River Falls where water cascades nearly 1,000 feet down and into the ocean. The Falls are located near Ocho Rios, an approximate 1 hour drive. The area is known as the location for the legendary battle of “Las Chorreras,” which was fought in 1657. Ascend the natural stone staircase hand-in-hand through cool rushing water and brace yourself as you pass beautiful panoramic views and flora and fauna. Then, prepare to get wet as your guide points out pools or lagoons for a cool and refreshing swim.
You’ll also have the option of people-watching and snapping photos at the observation deck that’s adjacent to the Falls. (Water shoes for climbing the Falls available for rent or purchase from your tour guide. There will be a quick stop to pick up water shoes from a Bamboo Beach Club staff member on the way to the Falls.) Next, stop at Reggae Hill where you will be able to purchase lunch. There will be a short stop for shopping on the way back to the ship at Culture Touch. This is a store that specializes in offering high quality Jamaican-made products that make great gifts and reminders of your trip. You will be able to purchase unique t-shirts, liquor, organic body products, Jamaican coffee, rum cakes, cigars, and more. Highlights:
• Dunn’s River Falls: Ascend the giant natural stairs and dip in natural plunge pools along the way.
• Lunch stop: Spend approximately 30minutes at Reggae Hill (optional lunch purchase).
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Change of clothes
• Insect repellent
• Bottled water
• Towel (from ship) What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Shoes with non-slip soles or water shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing Important Notes:
• Pregnant woman, and guests with limited mobility, knee, back or neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Avoid alcohol before water activities.
• Guests must be 18 years old in order to drink alcohol.
• Climbing Dunn’s River Falls is optional on this tour.
• This tour is a strenuous hiking activity.
• Lockers are available to rent and changing facilities are available at Dunn’s River Falls.
• Guests are required to wear water shoes while climbing the falls and hold hands with others in your group
• Water shoes are available for rent or purchase from your tour guide.
• The water-covered rocks in the falls are slippery and extreme caution must be used at all times; you are supporting others while making the climb. There is a high risk of slips and falls.
• Due to the popularity of this site, expect to wait in long lines to enter with large crowds encountered once in the falls. Your patience is appreciated.
• Due to time constraints, guests may not be able to climb to the top of the falls and may do a partial climb instead.
•The travel time to the venue is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Local traffic conditions my affect the total travel time.