Take the family on a winding journey down gentle rapids in comfortable inner tubes — a great way to discover the natural beauty of the region. After a safety briefing from your river guide, you will be taken to your launch site and given inner tubes. Then slip into the cool water, settle in your tube and wind your way downstream. Relax and take in the gorgeous landscape, admiring what the Spanish first saw centuries ago, and float downstream until the river runs into the blue Caribbean Sea. Due to river conditions and water levels, the location of the river may vary effecting the tour's duration with actual tubing time river speed varying as well. Next is a quick stop on a beautiful beach where you can purchase lunch. If time permits, at the discretion of the tour guide there will be a short stop for shopping on the way back to the ship.
• Family adventure: Gentle rapids and comfortable inner tubes make this an exciting outdoor activity for everyone.
• River guides: River guides keep you entertained as you make your way downstream.
• Lunch: There will be a short stop at a beach to purchase lunch.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Water levels can dramatically affect the actual duration of the tubing component in this tour.
• In the event the tubing location is changed, the tour duration can extend to 4-5 hours. Guests will be advised if this situation occurs prior to leaving the port.
• Due to the popularity of this site, expect to wait in line for 20-30 minutes to receive your tube.
• There will be a quick stop on a beach where you can purchase lunch.
• Pregnant women and guests with knee, back and/or neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests with limited mobility may find it difficult to take the 10-minute walk down to the river for tubing; walk involves crossing a swinging bridge and taking several stairs.
• Guests need to be able to climb into inner tube.
• Water shoes are available to purchase from your tour guide.
• If time permits, there will be a stop for shopping on the way back to the ship.