Breathe in Norway's dramatic natural scenery on an 8.5-hour adventure that includes a photo stop above Flydalsjuvet Gorge, a guided hike to the face of Briksdal Glacier, plus a three-course salmon lunch in a cozy lodge. Relax in a motor coach while traveling around the head of Geirangerfjord, stopping to relish sweeping views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks, green valleys and sparkling sea below. You'll drive past deep blue Stryn Lake, venturing into the Oldedalen Valley to the charming village of Olden. Here you'll head out on foot alongside a naturalist guide who leads you along rugged trails that wind past gushing waterfalls, bubbling river rapids and steep alpine landscapes. Stand face-to-face with Briksdal Glacier, an overwhelming icecap that serves as an arm of the mighty Jostedalsbreen Glacier. Your return hiking route brings you to the warm, rustic environs of Briksdalsbre Mountain Lodge, where you'll savor a three-course Norwegian salmon meal paired with complimentary beverage and coffee. Enjoy a pure taste of Norway's natural wonders and authentic flavors before heading back to the pier.
• Flydalsjuvet Gorge: The powdery peaks, steep cliffs, sapphire waters and emerald valleys of Geirangerfjord offer spectacular photo ops.
• Briksdal Glacier: Follow a foot trail past roaring waterfalls and rivers to see the face of this majestic icecap.
• Briksdalsbre Mountain Lodge: Warm up with a three-course meal featuring fresh Norwegian salmon, delicious sides, and drink.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over uneven surfaces, with steep inclines and about 15 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• The drive between pier and lodge is approximately 3 hours each way.
• Tour sequence may vary. Troll cars not included