Watch closely as Gibraltar?s rich history and cultural roots come to life on a guided walking tour through the city past its most notable landmarks. You?ll first venture past the British/Spanish border and the coastal fort of Parson?s Lodge to Europe Point, the southernmost point of Gibraltar where you can relish spectacular views of the Strait of Gibraltar and North Africa?s tip. After a short transfer, you?ll then join a friendly and knowledgeable guide on foot through the city center and bustling Casemates Square, the largest square in the area named after its British-built bombproof barracks. During the journey you?ll admire Moorish revival architecture in Cathedral Square, hear tales of yesteryear while strolling along Bomb House Lane, and see the old police station and City Hall, where the mayor resides. To round out the day, tour King?s Bastion, a former British command post turned leisure center that houses distinguished military exhibits. Afterwards you may wish to explore independently before making your own way back to the ship, as there is no return transportation included in this tour.
• Guided Stroll: Navigate along cobblestone streets, bustling squares and the city?s main thoroughfares alongside an informative escort.
• Notable Landmarks: Relish panoramic views from Europe Point, admire Cathedral Square?s Moorish revival architecture, and see City Hall plus more.
• Kings Bastion: Visit the former artillery fortification, now comprising historical exhibits, bowling alleys, ice skating rinks and cinemas.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 150 meters over hilly and cobbled terrain and climb 25 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.