Drive through an open zoo that houses exotic animals - from both Guatemala and Africa - on an exploratory auto safari tour. A photographer's paradise waits, with lions, zebras, giraffes, hippos, rhinoceros and many other rare animals, which you can appreciate from the cool comfort of your coach. Following your auto safari, you can explore other zoo areas on foot in this beautiful nature park, and see native birds, reptiles and other animals from around the world.
• Auto Safari Chapin: See the only open zoo of its kind in Guatemala, devoted to protecting endangered species.
• Nature Park: Conceived to protect specific regional endangered species, the range now includes exotic African animals.
• Park Species: See many African animals, along with water buffalo, dwarf goats, ostrich, roses, butterfly trees and orchids.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Park regulations must be strictly observed.
• Drive to and from Auto Safari Chapin approximately one hour each way.
• Beverage refreshments provided at end of tour for return trip to the pier.