Follow in the footsteps of the Maya on this journey through time at the ancient city of Iximche. Travel the highways of the Western Highlands of Guatemala until you reach Iximche, which was a Mayan capital until its abandonment in 1524. Get the facts on the infamous Mayan Calendar and maybe even catch of glimpse of a real Maya ritual as this magical area is now home to living Maya.
• Iximche: Visit a Mayan capital strong and vibrant until its abandonment in 1524.
• Mayan Ritual: Catch sight of a real Mayan ritual performed by living Maya.
• Lunch: Sample local cuisine during lunch at a nearby restaurant.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• There is a 2.5 hour bus ride to and from the site.
• Iximche is located approximately 7000 feet above sea level.