Explore the wonders of ancient Maya civilization at Tikal, one of the biggest and most spectacular cities of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica. Fly to northern Guatemala where Tikal was hidden for 1,000 years in the remote tropical rainforest. As you walk among the temples, plazas, pyramids and other ruins, your expert guide will bring to life the mysteries of the former capital of a once-powerful kingdom. The tour includes lunch at a hotel on site.
• Tikal National Park: Tour the spectacular ruins of an ancient Maya city surrounded by dense rainforest in northern Guatemala.
• Expert Guide: Learn about ancient Maya culture as you explore a once-great capital that extended six square miles.
• Lunch: Rest and refuel over a meal at Maya Internacional Hotel, located within the archaeological park.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash / credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect Repellant
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Long-sleeved shirt
• Long pants
• Closed-toe shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour. Pregnant women and those with heart or respiratory conditions should not select this tour.
• Guests should be in excellent physical condition to handle the amount of walking in this climate.
• At the archaeological site, there is approximately 2.5 miles of walking over uneven terrain, dirt trails, gradual inclines and some stairs.
• The weather at Tikal is typically hot with high levels of humidity.
• The aircraft and ground transportation may not be air-conditioned.
• The flight check-in and flying time is approximately 1.5 hour each way.
• Ground transportation between the Mundo Maya Airport in northern Guatemala and Tikal National Park is about 1 hour each way.
• A minimum number of participants is required to operate this program.