Enjoy a three-hour, wheelchair-friendly small group adventure that lets you explore the historic Senate Square, the seaside Market Square and Temppeliaukion Church firsthand. Set out through the heart of Finland's capital city, first traveling along Esplanadi, a centralized boulevard and park where locals gather for concerts and public art displays. Get a feel for the city's creative side among the art galleries, fashion boutiques and antique shops of the Design District. Then admire the Neoclassical stylings and political legacy of Senate Square, located in the oldest section of the city. You'll have opportunities to get out and capture some beautiful photos here as you learn about the history of the site from your tour guide. Skirting the South Harbor, you'll discover a cluster of shops selling souvenirs and artisan goods in the centuries-old Market Square. This is one of the best spots to buy meat pastries, salmon soup, Finnish chocolates, and Finland's national spirit from the country's smallest Alko liquor store. Your final stop at Temppeliaukion Church presents astounding architecture, as this worship space was built into solid rock in 1969 — its copper-lined dome, rubble walls and brightly-lit slatted window roof all add to the design spectacle you'll witness.
This tour is designed to be accessible for all, using step-free routes, shorter distances, accessible bathrooms and vehicles equipped with a ramp or lift for easy wheelchair access.
• Helsinki: Take a small-group, wheelchair friendly trip along the café-lined Esplanadi boulevard, through the Design District and into Senate Square.
• Market Square: Browse a collection of harbor-front stalls where souvenir merchants, artisans, bakers and distillers sell their finest products.
• Temppeliaukion Church: The rock-solid walls, windowed ceiling, and copper dome of this church are sure to catch your eye.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Guests should not exceed maximum weight (guest and wheelchair combined) of 661 pounds, width of 39 inches, length of 44 inches, or height of 55 inches.