The coastal seascapes, maritime culture, and regional flavors of Halifax are on spectacular display as you join a professional captain and crew for a scenic sailing adventure that includes Nova Scotian wine and cheese tastings. A short 10-minute walk along the waterfront boardwalk leads you to a dock where you'll board a 45-foot yacht ready to cast away. Relish waterside views of Halifax's skyline, lighthouses and shoreline alongside a seasoned captain and onboard crew. You'll then have the chance to learn the basics of sailing, as you fully participate in pulling up the sails, tacking, gybing and taking hold of the helm. Or simply relax on a vessel packed with plenty of deck space to unwind. Perhaps the highlight of the day will be your tasting of a collection of four fine wines from various parts of the province, all paired with an assortment of cheeses. Nova Scotia is home to more than 800 acres of vineyards, encompassing 70 grape growers and a rich wine-making tradition dating back to the 1600s. You'll taste the area's legacy in every sip, all while taking in picturesque waterfront scenery among a small group of like-minded explorers.
• Halifax Harbour: A professional captain and crew welcome you aboard a sailing yacht for a two-hour, fifteen-minute cruise around Halifax.
• Sailing adventure: Learn how to pull the sails, tack, gybe and steer the boat during the trip.
• Nova Scotian flavors: Sip a sampling of four local wines and a selection of cheeses from Canada's prominent wine-producing region.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over wooden surfaces, with inclines and about 10 steps and extended periods of standing.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.