Gain a birds-eye view of Glacier Bay National Park while on a one-hour flight path that takes you through the blue sky over the UNESCO World Heritage Site's natural spectacles and the mighty Brady Glacier. Join a small group of fellow adventure seekers in meeting your experienced pilot at the airport. Settle into your seat on a fixed-wing airplane that provides optimal windows for viewing Alaska's treacherous landscapes. Take off and soar over the deep-blue waters of Point Adolphus, where a large population of migrating whales come to feed each year. As you enter Glacier Bay, your pilot will offer an overview on the national park's glacial development from the Ice Age to the dense spruce and hemlock forests that remain today. Enjoy an aerial view of a biosphere reserve that is one of the world's largest international protected areas and the ancestral home of the Huna Tlingit people. Covering 3.3 million acres of rugged terrain, the park is a jumble of emerald evergreens, gushing waterfalls, placid alpine lakes and deep crevasses. Before heading back you'll feast your eyes on Brady Glacier, a 24-mile-long icecap that experienced advancement in the 19th century before retreating like many others in the area.
• Point Adolphus: Buckle up for a sightseeing flight in a fixed-wing aircraft that transports you over waters filled with whales.
• Glacier Bay: Gain a sky-high perspective of this UNESCO-listed biosphere reserve while soaring over its sharp peaks, waterfalls and rainforest.
• Brady Glacier: See this magnificent icecap in all its glory from the window of your flightseeing plane.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .1 miles over gravel surfaces, with inclines and about 6 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs should not select this tour.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Flight has no weight surcharge.
• Tour sequence may vary.