Whether you’re a history or military buff, or simply enjoy picturesque scenery, this half-day exploration of Maizuru is sure to delight. An important port facility for the Imperial Japanese Navy since the early 20th century, you’ll first learn about the city’s illustrious maritime legacy at the Red Brick Warehouse Park. Here, enjoy approximately 40 minutes roaming around abandoned military buildings and viewing an impressive collection of global bricks in the World Brick Museum, housed in a former torpedo warehouse from 1903. Then set sail on a scenic 30-minute boat ride around Maizuru Harbor, where you’ll admire seascape vistas and see stately battleships from the water. Atop the 50.5-meter-high Goro Sky Tower in Gorogadake Park, you’ll be awed by 360-degree panoramas of Wakasa Bay, Maizuru town and Japan’s dramatic coastline.
• Red Brick Warehouse Park: Delve into Japan’s renowned naval history while roaming around abandoned military buildings and museum exhibits.
• Scenic Cruise: Admire dramatic seascapes and stately Imperial Japanese Naval battleships on a boat ride through Maizuru Harbor.
• Gorogadake Park: Be awed by 360-degree views of Wakasa Bay and Maizuru town while standing atop the Goro Sky Tower.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .7 mile across paved pathways.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.