Immerse yourself in an icy wonderland on a 3-hour trek of hiking and climbing one of Juneau's fabled glaciers. A picturesque helicopter ride transports you from sea level to the glacier, where a professional mountaineer teaches you the basics of glacier travel and climbing techniques. Then, set out on a guided exploration of the glacier's most pristine and remote areas. Opportunities for adventure photos abound as you safely climb and descend the ice walls.
• Helicopter Flightseeing: Gaze at the natural beauty of the region from an eagle's perspective.
• Glacier Trekking: Get up close and personal with the rugged terrain of one of the planet's greatest natural treasures.
• No Experience Necessary: Guides teach all skill levels basic climbing techniques and the proper use of mountaineering gear.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests are outfitted with windproof/waterproof outerwear, boots, climbing gear and a small backpack with a granola bar and bottled water.
• No experience is required but participants should be in good physical condition and have an open mind for adventure.
• Approximately 30 minutes flight time.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory, or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water-based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water-based activities.
• There are certain risks in this type of activity and guests should be aware of these risks before deciding to join this excursion.
• Due to flight weight restrictions, all participants must register their body weight at the time of booking.
• Guests weighing 250 lbs. or more (fully clothed) will be assessed a weight surcharge of $100.00 to reserve adequate space onboard the helicopter. This is a requirement of the helicopter companies to ensure guest safety and comfort. The surcharge will be manually added to your account.
• Kindly note that the independent tour operator for this Shore Excursion has recently advised that only vaccinated guests will be able to participate on their tours due to changes in their health and safety policies.
• Guest minimum age: 12 years old.