Taste an authentic slice of Juneau’s Gold Rush history on an adventure that combines panning for gold with an all-you-can-feast salmon bake. At legendary Gold Creek, catch “gold fever” and get the hang of panning from a prospector/guide. Experience firsthand what it was like to try to strike it rich in the Alaskan wilds. After panning, dig into a sumptuous smorgasbord that features alder-grilled wild salmon.
• Gold Creek: Pan for gold and keep what you find at Last Chance Basin, where Alaska's Gold Rush era began.
• Salmon Bake: Feast on grilled salmon, Cheechako Chicken, Chilkoot Baked Beans, numerous sides and salads, and dessert.
• Unique Wilderness Setting: Enjoy open-air dining in the rainforest, watch our Master Carver at work, stroll to Salmon Creek and pan for gold.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Beer and wine are available for purchase.
• Rain or shine: Translucent domes offer diners ample protection from the elements.
• Plenty of vegetarian-friendly options offered.
• Experience begins with a historical tour of Juneau led by a prospector/guide dressed in authentic 19th-century garb.
• During the gold-panning part of the tour, choose to pan in the creek or in the waist-high demonstration trough.