Experience the fish story of a lifetime as you go after the largest flatfish in the world, the mighty Pacific halibut. Board a vessel that offers an enclosed heated cabin, comfortable seating and a restroom, and enjoy a short, scenic cruise en route to the fishing grounds. Then get ready for 3 hours of enthralling, arm-burning activity: the largest concentration of Pacific halibut exists in the Gulf of Alaska.
• Halibut Sportfishing: The fertile waters around Juneau make for an angler's paradise.
• Incredible Scenery: As the charter vessel sails to the fishing grounds, sit back, relax and enjoy the breathtaking views.
• Keep Your Catch: The captain can arrange for a local processor to ship your catch home.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm-layered clothing
• Although the target fish is halibut, other bottom fish may be caught , such as Pacific cod and rockfish.
• Complimentary light snacks and cold beverages are available throughout the tour.
• If you are prone to seasickness, you advised to take your usual precautions in the event of unexpected weather.
• Once passenger counts are received by the tour operator, no refunds will be issued.
• Alaska state law requires that anyone 16 years of age and older to have a valid one-day fishing license, which may be purchased for $25 (cash only) from your fishing boat captain.
• Alaska fishing regulations currently limit catch of halibut to 1 per person.
• There are no guarantees you will catch any fish.
• This tour is offered from mid-June to mid-September.
• Your catch can be shipped home. Ask your boat captain for details.