Sip and savor the authentic flavors of Lithuania on a 2.5-hour walking tour of Old Town Klaipeda that leads you to wine and cheese tastings with a master sommelier plus a scenic stroll along the Dane River. Follow a knowledgeable local guide on footpaths around the oldest city in Lithuania. Around town you'll encounter timbered fachwerk architecture lining historic squares, market vendors selling high-quality amber products, and workshops where craftsman have lived and worked for centuries. You'll then meet up with an expert sommelier who will lead you through a guided tasting of traditional wines and cheeses. Sip two types of berry-infused varietals as well as five distinct hard cheeses, aged from nine up to 48 months, including the area's signature Dziugas cheese. Once you've had your fill you'll take a stroll along the picturesque Dane River, a boat-filled waterscape that flows between the Old Town and New Town of Klaipeda. The banks will eventually wind you back around to your awaiting ship.
• Old Town: A narrated walking adventure reveals Klaipeda's historic craftsmen shops, amber-studded market and mixture of architecture.
• Lithuanian flavors: Join a sommelier through a guided tasting of two local wines paired with five types of hard cheese.
• Dane River: Moored boats, panoramic skyline and cobbled lanes make a pretty backdrop on a return walk to the pier.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.5 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 15 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Legal drinking age in Lithuania is 18 years.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.