Discover sacred Biblical treasures on an eight-hour exploration that includes a private mass at the House of Virgin Mary, guided walking tour of Ephesus' ruins, Biblical-inspired meal, handicraft lecture, and the Basilica of St. John. Your first stop at the House of Virgin Mary reveals how Jesus' mother spent her final days. See where she slept, leave your intention on the Wishing Wall, collect holy water from the Fountain of Our Lady, and then enjoy an exclusive interdenominational mass service in the chapel. Your tour continues on foot around the ancient Greek city of Ephesus, where you'll follow a guide past its ruined theaters, temples, and library. Stand before the Church of Mary, the first worship space dedicated to the Blessed Mother. In a local restaurant you'll savor a spread of dishes prepared with ingredients cited in the Bible, including a few favorites of Jacob, King David, Abigail, and The Apostles. In the nearby farming village of Selcuk you'll listen to a local expert share the important of Christianity in native handicrafts. Then admire what remains of the 6th-century Basilica of St. John, including the hallowed tomb of John the Apostle.
• House of Virgin Mary: See where Jesus' mother lived out her later years and engage in a private interdenominational mass.
• Ephesus: Comb the ruins of the ancient Greek city, viewing the Church of Mary, and then dining on Biblical-inspired dishes.
• Selcuk: Learn about local handicraft culture before discovering the burial site of John among the Basilica of St. John ruins.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.6 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 124 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Some sites have fallen ruins and some light climbing will be required.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• An exclusive interdenominational mass will be provided during the tour.
• Respectful attire is required inside religious sites.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• On August 15th, the House of Virgin Mary will be heavily congested due to the Assumption of Mother Mary day.
• Guests can expect waiting and queuing time at the House of Virgin Mary.
• The drive between port and House of Virgin Mary is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.