The ruins, the wine, the food — this 6.5-hour adventure covers it all, as you explore ancient Ephesus and go wine tasting in Sirince, plus indulge in local Turkish dishes and shop for homemade handicrafts. Step out into the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ephesus, an ancient Greek city now sitting in ruins. Learn about local life: See where residents watched plays in the Odeon theater; relaxed in the baths of Scholastica; read books in the Library of Celsus; and cheered on gladiators in the Great Theatre. Then venture out to the charming hillside village of Sirince, a typical Aegean enclave first settled by freed Greek slaves. Breathe in the aroma of peach trees, grapevines, and apple orchards. Then settle into a cozy restaurant for a tasting of homemade wines produced using locally grown apples, grapes, and berries. They will all be paired with a spread of Turkish dishes — vine-ripened tomatoes, olive oil, yogurt, eggplant, fillet steak, cheese-filled pastries and sweet baklava round out the menu. On the way back to port you'll stop in a small village to learn more about the art of dying and weaving Turkish carpets, with plenty of shopping opportunities to boot.
• Ephesus: Unlock ancient Greek mysteries while exploring the ruins of the Great Theatre, Library of Celsus, and other notable landmarks.
• Sirince: Embrace the rural charms of a hilltop village known for its orchards, vineyards and streets filled with handicraft stalls.
• Turkish flavors: Delight in a tasting of fruit wines accompanied by lunch featuring local vegetables, olive oil, steak and baklava.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2.6 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 123 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour sequence may vary.