Travel by floatplane over forested mountains and pristine lakes to a remote site in the Tongass National Forest, one of the finest bear-viewing venues in Alaska. After a short van ride to the trailhead, hike about a half-mile on a well-maintained trail to a viewing platform that overlooks rapids filled swollen with spawning salmon. Observe black bears as they fish and feed, while bald eagles perch in the surrounding trees.
• Bears and More: Few forest locations in North America offer the wildlife viewing opportunities found here.
• Professional Guides: A seasoned Alaskan bush pilot and an expert Alaskan naturalist enhance this wildlife and nature experience.
• Exclusive Expedition: The remote site in the Tongass National Forest is only available to a small number of visitors.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• The likelihood of bear sightings is good, but not guaranteed.
• Comfortable hiking footwear and waterproof outerwear are recommended.
• Total flight time is 40 minutes; guests have 1 hour at viewing platform.
• Mobility and health restrictions apply.
• Tour is available from late July.
• ? This tour follows Federal Aviation Administration requirements stating that children 2 years and older on any aircraft must occupy, and pay, a separate seat. Payment will be processed onboard your ship