Get off the beaten path in search of black bears. Depart via a narrated van transfer for Clover Passage, where a high-speed boat will take you on a breathtaking, 34-mile ride to Neets Bay for the chance to spot bears. Your captain will scout the shoreline, looking for bears foraging along the shoreline or pouncing on salmon entering the streams. Then make a stop near a salmon hatchery, where it is common to see several bears at once.
• Bears in the Wild: Safely observe and photograph black bears in their habitat, with a chance to spot them as they feed on spawning salmon.
• High-Speed Cruise: Marvel at the picturesque scenery of the Ketchikan region as the vessel zips to Neets Bay.
• Expert Guide: Get insights on all the action and wildlife, including the bald eagles and seals that frequent this area.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Warm layered clothing
• Although bear sightings are not guaranteed, bears have been sighted on more than 95% of these tours over the past 8 years.
• Local waters can be rough at times; this tour is not for guests with neck/back problems or for pregnant women.
• Dress warmly in layers.
• A raincoat, binoculars, snack, and bottled water are provided.